Monday, October 21, 2013

Life After Brain Surgery

It was the start of a new me as I returned back home to Pennsylvania. I remember driving home from the airport and going over bumps that hurt my head. It was like a feel of a headache, but it would come and go when my body was moved around like it was in the car.
School had already been back in session when we got back from Miami Children’s Hospital. Since my mom was a school teacher, she had to go back to work. My dad had to head back to work as well since he was out of work for three weeks already. As for myself I was still recovering from brain surgery so my parents had told the school that I would be out for two weeks. Since Vicky, would not be starting school for another week my mom asked her to hang out with me during my time of recuperating.
During the time that I had been at Miami Children’s Hospital I lost 20 pounds. Also from being in a hospital bed for three weeks it made my body very weak. Walking was a hard task for me. That first week was not only resting, but also rebuilding my muscles so I could walk and get back to school.
The following week Vicky had to go back to school so I was on my own. I think I stayed home two days and then I decided I wanted to go back to school because I did not like being home alone, plus I got bored very easily on my own.  So I went back to school the following week and was very nervous.  During the summer they had demolished the old middle school and built a new one. It was a whole new school for me. Not only that, but it was a new life for me too.
Since the brain surgery I showed no signs of any seizures. Not having seizures everyday had made me more aware of my surroundings. Having brain surgery gave me a whole new sense of who I was. At this point I needed to figure out who I was prior to my brain surgery and who I was now.

No comments:

Post a Comment