Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Life Without Seizures

When I was three years old I started preschool at the YMCA.  At this age, I loved writing my mommy notes. I remembered my address, my phone number and my birthday. I had excellent fine motor and gross motor skills.

My First Day of Preschool



As I was developing normally like any other child my age, I was also trying to keep up with sister and brother who were in high school at this time.  Kirsten was “Miss Popular” as she was captain of her cheerleading squad. Bredt, on the other hand was busy with his travel soccer team and high school soccer. As the little sister, I would be at every game that Bredt played soccer, wearing my tee-shirt that said “My Big Bro is number 15.” Also, as we would show up for Kirsten’s cheerleading events, I would at times, join in her cheers and participate with the team. I had a garnet and white shirt that said “HHS Warriors” (Henderson High School) and sometimes I even had my face painted just like them. The girls loved me so much that they considered me their little mascot.Meanwhile, when they were at home and had friends over, I would be all up in their business trying to act just like them. Not a day went by when I would try to get their friends attention while they were over. When Kirsten and Bredt were watching grown up shows, I would be there to enjoy it as well and constantly
interrupting them trying to get them to play with me. There would be were plenty of times when Kirsten or Bredt would say, “leave us alone Katrin.” when they were out side I would go outside to go see what they were doing! There was never a day that I did not bug them.

Being like my sister using her pom-poms

I wanted to be just like Kirsten and Bredt. I worked hard at doing everything they could do.  By the time that I was 3 years old I was swimming like a fish. When I was old enough to join a sports team, I played soccer just like Bredt. In my eyes, life seemed perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment