Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Types of Seizures I Experienced

When I would have Complex Partial seizures, they would last for about a minute and to two minutes long. Teachers would have to bring me to the nurse for observation. When I suffered from this type of seizure I would mumble, have clumsy movements, climb, pull at my clothing and have no awareness of my surroundings. The nurse needed to make sure that I was in a safe place in case I fell.
If I had to describe what my seizures did to me, I would have to say that having a seizure was like erasing what had just happened.  Imagine knowing what you were doing prior to having a seizure, but once that seizure occurred it wiped you out. So maybe about half an hour later I would know what was going on, but would be exhausted that sometimes I needed a nap just to feel better and more alert. This is what a complex partial seizure felt like.
 However, if I had an absence seizure it was not as bad as a complex partial seizure since the seizure only lasted about 45 seconds to a minute long. I then continue on with my day. Picture having 1 to 3 seizures each day and how exhausted I would be right after one and what it did to my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment