Thursday, September 12, 2013

Birth

It all started before I was even born. My mom, dad and my two siblings were on a trip in England where my brother was singing in the boy’s choir. At this time, my mom was three months pregnant with me. Prior to finding out she was pregnant she had a pelvic infection two years before this and was told that she was infertile. Her only sign of pregnancy was that she had lost her taste for coffee. When she had found out that she was pregnant with me, my sister Kirsten was 12 years old, and my brother Bredt was 10 years old. I was pleasantly unexpected, but a good surprise.
As a result of having pneumonia and coughing, she ended up breaking a rib. The doctors had no concerns with her rib being broken while she was pregnant with me. 
 
 When I was born, I arrived quickly. As a result, I had hematoma (collection of blood and fluid between the skull and scalp). The doctors told my parents that it should take 2 weeks to 2 months to dissolve and that I must be checked regularly for jaundice. (A yellowish discoloration affecting the skin, whites of the eyes (sclerae), and other mucous membranes in the body.) Luckily, this quickly dissolved on it own, almost over night.
 
Me with hematoma
 

No comments:

Post a Comment